Amazing Jackfruit Wraps are so easy to make, ready in about 30 minutes and they are vegan and gluten-free. The perfect lunch idea or even for a quick weeknight dinner, jackfruit cooked in your favourite barbecue sauce and served with avocado, tomato, lettuce, red onion and garlic aioli sauce wrapped in a gluten-free vegan tortilla.
Energy: 370 kcal / 1547 kJ
Fat: 14 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 50 g
Ready in: 30 min
For: 4 servings
- 120 ounces can green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 large gluten-free tortillas
- shredded Romaine lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onions
- sliced avocado
- garlic aioli sauce, recipe belo
GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE
- Toss jackfruit with onion and garlic powder. Heat vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium heat, add jackfruit, barbecue sauce, and stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, lower heat and allow to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Using two forks shred jackfruit. In the meanwhile prepare garlic aioli sauce.
- To prepare garlic aioli, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a bowl.
- Heat tortillas until soft. Lay each tortilla on cutting board, spread the tortilla with garlic aioli sauce, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and BBQ jackfruit.
- Wrap tortilla into a burrito shape and slice in the middle.
For a live cooking demonstration click the link: https://www.facebook.com/GymProApparel/videos/220482262719513/
Recipe and imagery courtesy of healthiersteps.com